Are you searching for all-natural pain relief for your nagging pain? Platelet-rich plasma therapy is a leading treatment option for your chronic pain. Upper Cervical Wellness Center offers this therapy that’s proven to jump-start your body’s natural healing processes, promote healing, and help resolve painful conditions.
PRP therapy uses your blood as the foundation of the treatment. We medically process your blood samples to isolate and concentrate your blood platelets and plasma. The healing solution, once injected, encourages natural healing and healthy tissue regeneration.
Your blood platelets contain growth factors and healing properties that trigger biological processes upon injection. These responses help you get all-natural pain relief without the risks and recovery time often associated with surgery.
Platelets are your body’s first response to injury. When you are injured, your blood platelets initiate repair and attract stem cells to the injury for help with healing. By injecting a significantly higher number of platelets than present in blood into your damaged ligaments, tendons, and joints, we can amplify your body’s healing response.
Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy
PRP therapy is non-surgical, minimally invasive, and has a low chance of side effects. PRP injections have several other benefits, including:
- A safe procedure with no risks of disease transmission since the treatment uses your blood.
- It’s suitable for treating a range of injuries caused by aging, degeneration, workplace accidents, auto accidents, sports injuries, and more.
- The procedure may speed up the healing time for acute injuries that typically take weeks to heal.
- PRP is an outpatient procedure performed at our medical center.
- The procedure, including preparation and cleaning of the injection site and recovery, is usually short so that it doesn’t take too much time out of your day.
- There is minimal downtime with these treatments, and you should be able to continue with their normal activities after your treatments.
PRP injections are composed of growth factors, secretory proteins, and concentrated platelets that work to repair damaged tissue and speed up the healing process. Platelet-rich plasma targets several different conditions and is suitable for the treatment of the following:
- Knee pain
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Elbow pain
- Joint pain
- Hip pain
- Damaged or degraded cartilage
- Torn ligaments
- Plantar fasciitis
- Disc problems
- Bone issues
- And more
If you’re interested in PRP therapy, contact Upper Cervical Wellness Center. We can help you determine if PRP or another regenerative medicine therapy is an appropriate treatment for your condition. Our goal is to help you get your life back and return to doing the activities you love.
If you’d like to learn more about platelet-rich plasma injection therapy, talk to Dr. Corinne Weaver today.